Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Flower Thanks

 
Hello CottageCutz Fans! Thanks for taking the time to visit with The Scrapping Cottage Blog. It's Mary Marsh here with the Wednesday edition of the blog.

For my card this week, I have created a thank you card with several different dies from CottageCutz. My idea was to create a leaf frame with a flower surrounding it. So let's get started with the details of how this card is put together.



 
I started off my card with some background stenciling. I chose a diamond patterned stencil and some light green ink. Using a sponge dauber I sponged the pattern  onto my cardstock going both darker and lighter.


My next step was to create my leaf frame. I did that with the Cottage Cutz Square Set Dies. I used the 3rd and 4th largest dies for my frame. Ran them through my die-cutting machine and the next photo shows the frame that I ended up with.

 
The open frame is what I used for my card. The smaller square I will use on another project.
 
At this point, I die cut my flower with purple cardstock using the Cottage Cutz 3D Flower #3. The leaves with a light and dark green cardstock using the Cottage Cutz Strawberry Petites die. I layered the leaves around my frame and assembled my flower. My thanks word is from the Cottage Cutz Thanks Die and I cut in the same purple cardstock. I cut it twice and layered for more dimension.
 
Also, to give my flower more dimension, I used foam squares between each layer. This next photo gives a close up view of the flower.
 
 
To complete my card I added a butterfly cut in light pink from the Cottage Cutz Butterfly with Flowers Die and then scattered some candy dots in light pink for added interest. That's it for me for this edition. So until next time........inky hugs!

Card Stock sizes:
Purple Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Green Layer: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Stenciled Layer: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
Leaves: light and dark green cardstock
Butterfly: light pink cardstock
Dies: pictured below

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstrawberrypetites.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzsquaresetbasics.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzexpressionsthanks.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutz3dflower3.aspx
 
 

4 comments:

Janja said...

Very nice. The background is fantastic for this gorgeous flower and colors are very beautiful.

Vladuška said...

Very nice how you created this background and great way how you used all SC dies.

Karen in PA said...

Your card is so pretty! I love how dimensional the flower is, and I really like your background. I have a couple of stencils but I never remember to use them!
Thanks for the inspiration.
Karen

creative lady said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors you used.