Saturday, March 05, 2016

ALTERED GIFT BAG WITH ANITA KEJRIWAL

Hello! It's Anita Kejriwal here and I am super excited to begin my first post at the CottageCutz blog. I feel so happy to be a part of this wonderful team and would put my best effort to feature the best of CottageCutz dies.
 
For my first post, I have altered a juice carry bag into a gift bag for a baby. I like to alter many such things and give them a new look. Dies really help to bring out the beauty in my projects.
 
This is a picture of the bag before I altered it.
 
 

Here are the instructions on how to altered the bag:
 
(The bag measures 6.75 x 7 inches)
Remove the green string from both sides and paint the edges with white acrylic paint on both sides of the bag. Cut two red pieces of card stock to 6.5 x 6.75 inches and adhered it to both sides of the bag. Add another layer of pattern paper. Two pieces for front and back measuring 6 x 6 inches. This is adhered on both sides on top of the red card stock.
 
Cut two pieces of die cuts in white card stock from the Cottage Cutz Baby Border (7" long). Distress the edges of this die cut with Candied Apple Distress Ink. Emboss the die Cottage Cutz Bella Floral Frame (Elites) on a piece of white card stock and cut out the frame with scissors. Cut another die cut from the same die and color it well with Candied Apple Distress Ink. Emboss the frame with Twisted Citron Distress Ink. Adhere it on the bottom die as shown.
 
Cut two die cuts in white card stock from the Cottage Cutz Baby Blocks (Elites) and color it with Candied Apple Distress Inks.  Placed on top of each other with double sided foam tape. This gives it a 3D look. Finish the bag with some baby sentiment, flowers and a red button and ribbon.
(I added red and green ribbon as handle.)
 
This is my finished bag and it looks really beautiful after being decorated by CottageCutz dies.
                                           

Do stop by the store to view the amazing collection!
An important tip for die cutting- I always place my dies diagonally on my cutting plate to get smooth cutting in one go.
I hope you enjoyed my first post. Please do leave a comment and your feedback.
I will be back next week with more creative inspiration with CottageCutz dies.
Till then........ happy crafting!!!!!!

8 comments:

Karen in PA said...

Hi Anita - what a lovely introduction and it's so nice to meet you. I love your before and after. What an amazing transformation to make a gift bag! I love the baby dies too - they just make the whole project special.
Karen

Janja said...

Oh how cute. I like it.

Jen's Crafty Place said...

Wonderful tutorial! I love how you can take something like that bag and recycle it into a work of art! Great job!

Vladuška said...

Anita, this is great how you altered a juice carry bag into a gift bag.

Anita Kejriwal said...

Thank you so much Karen . I am so glad you liked it .

Anita Kejriwal said...

Thank you Janja

Anita Kejriwal said...

Thank you Jenny ...So happy to work with such wonderful dies .

Anita Kejriwal said...

Thanks for stopping by vladyska