Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Happy Spring!

Hello Everyone!

It's Donna here and I am so excited to be here. This is my first post as a design team member. This is going to be so much fun to share with you the CottageCutz dies! For my first post, I am sharing with you a Spring card. Spring is right around the corner, and I don't know about you, I am so ready!!! The die I am using on my card is the “Miss Daisy Spring Bunny” 4x4 die.



Here is how I put my card together!

The base of my card is an A2 (5 ½” H x 4 ¼” W ), I used Regal Rose cardstock by Stampin' Up. I have several layers on this card. The first layers are 4 ¼’ H x 4” W and 5 1/8” H x 3 7/8” W. The square layers are 3 x 3 and 2 ¾ X 2 3/4 and the stripe across the middle of the card is 1”H x 4 ¼ W. The design paper is by Authentique – Springtime.

I cut the elements from the “Miss Daisy Spring Bunny” 4x4 die with cardstock; I used a small sponge to ink the edges and shadows. I used the following colors, which is all Stampin Up cardstock: Bunny cut out of Crumb Cake and used Crumb Cake to ink. The leaves Garden Green, inked with Garden Green, and the flowers are cut out of Daffodil Delight and inked with Daffodil Delight. I used a white gel pen to put in the eyes.

The butterfly, I only used the top layer and I colored it with Copics – R81 and 85 and added some clear Wink of Stella so it looks like it is sparkling.

To assemble my card, I used foam tape to pop up the bunny, pieced the flowers on the greenery and adhered it to my card so that it looks like the bunny is sniffing them. I put foam tape on the butterfly and popped it up on the card. I added my sentiment, and to finish the card I added the button with some floss which was from my stash.

I hope you enjoyed my post today and I have inspired you to check out CottageCutz so you can be creative.  Please come back again soon to check out some more projects made with the CottageCutz dies!
 

6 comments:

Janja said...

Beautifully done and so cute bunny.

Karen in PA said...

Welcome, Donna. Your bunny card is just adorable, and I always like directions! I've mentioned that several times to Vladka. :0)
Karen

Mary Marsh said...

This is so cute Donna-love that sweet little bunny sniffing the daffodils-glad to be a part of the team with you

Vladuška said...

Your bunny is so cute and I like the spring look of your card :) Good work.

Jen's Crafty Place said...

Very nice!

Anita Kejriwal said...

Very sweet card