Thursday, March 17, 2016

A Sailor's Hello

Hello everyone,

It's Donna here to share with you how to make a square box card. I have lots of pictures to share with you so sit down with a cup of coffee to check out my tutorial. This card box was so much fun to make and I love these sailior dies with lots of other dies that go perfect with them. Here is my square box card.


Here is a closer look of all the elements....a list of each die I used is at the bottom of this post.


Let's get started on how I put this square box card together. To put this box together you will need a cutting board, score board, bone folde, and liquid glue or score tape.  Pictures are below the instructions for your viewing.

1. You will need your cardstock cut to 6" x 12" (I cut a 12 x 12 inch cardstock in half)

2. You will need to score your card stock on the short side at 2", 6", 7 5/8" and 11 1/2. Turn your sheet on the long side and score at 2 7/8 down to the score line of 7 5/8".

3. Take your scissors or cutting board and cut the 2", 6" and 7 5/8 score line down to the 2 7/8 score line (half way down). Cut the 11 1/2 score line half way down. So now you are ready to add your paper to the base of the square box card.

4. This is a picture of the inside of the box. You will need one piece of cardstock cut at 5 5/8" x 3 5/8"4 pieces of cardstock cut at 1 7/8" x 2 3/4 and two pieces at 3 5/8" x 2 3/4". As you can see I used several different patterns.

5. This is a picture of the outside of the box. I used the same measurements I used for the inside of the box.

6. This is your finish box. You will tape the small tab around so that the box closes up.

7.  The box is almost complete.


To put the tabs inside of the card you will need a piece of white card stock 1" x 4 5/8" scored at 1/2" and 4 1/4".  The last step is to cut all your pieces from your dies and put them together and attach them inside the box card.

The card is complete! I hope you will take a shot at making a box card, they are so much fun.
















9 comments:

Vicki said...

Thank you for the instructions on how to make one of those. Yours is absolutely adorable. I just love this release.

Vicki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen in PA said...

Oh SO CUTE! Love the little owls and the presentation. REally liking these card boxes.
Karen

Vladuška said...

This owls are so cute and your box is beautiful too. Love it.

Joanne said...

Absolutely adorable Donna! I love those owls. Beautiful box.
Joanne

Cheryl Walker said...

Absolutely DARLING!!! So glad I stopped by today, as your Box is amazing! Love your attention to detail, and the Owls are so CUTE!!!
Happy St. Patty's Day!
hugs
Cheryl

Janja said...

What a cute box card. I love the owls.

Anita Kejriwal said...

Such cute card . The Owls look so adorable .

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!