Saturday, December 09, 2023

Holiday French Horn


Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

We have 2 new releases in the online store. The Christmas 2023 release is available and currently at 30% off individual dies. The Black Friday In The Garden release is also available at 30% off individual dies. 

For today's card, I am featuring the new Holiday French Horn die. I don't know about you but I am still making my Christmas cards. I have about 10 more to make and then I need to get them addressed and mailed. It's crunch time for me. 

So, let's get started with some details of how I created this card. 

Design Steps:

I started my cad this week with the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #977. We were to use berry burst, old olive and crumb cake (Kraft) for our color trio. Optional was to add gold. 
berry burst, old olive, crumb cake


I decided to use berry burst cardstock for the card base. I just bought this gold vellum  designer paper that had all Christmas words in gold. I layered it with a brushed gold cardstock. For some reason my camera picked up a yellow tone.
Berry Burst Card Base: 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"
Gold Layering Panel: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Gold Vellum: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
I cut the horn in gold mirror cardstock, and the berries & bow in berry burst cardstock and the greenery in old olive cardstock. I attached these layers with double sided tape and clear drying glue.
To finish off my card, I attached the image panel to the card base and scattered a few crumb cake enamel dots to get that color on my card. I decided not to add a sentiment to the card front. I thought the Christmas words were sufficient. 
That's it for me for this post. See you next Saturday!







 




No comments: