Saturday, December 23, 2023

A Joyous Holiday


Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

We have 2 new releases in the online store. The Christmas 2023 release is available and currently at 30% off individual dies. The Black Friday In The Garden release is also available at 30% off individual dies.

For today's card, I am featuring the new Old-Fashioned Ornament 1 die and created my last Christmas card of the 2023 season. It is another quick card because I was under a time crunch (LOL)!

Design Steps:

I started my card with the colors from this week's color challenge #979 on Splitcoaststampers. We are to use sweet sorbet, lemon-lime twist, daffodil delight and petal pink for our color combo.  
sweet sorbet, daffodil delight, lemon-lime twist, petal pink

The background foil paper was something I had in my stash and the color was a perfect match. I stamped a sentiment in sweet sorbet ink on a flag and added some bright pink jewels since I don't have the petal pink color. I also added a sweet sorbet enamel dot to the flag.  
The A2 card base is lemon-lime twist.
Card base: 4 1/4" ' x 5 1/2"
Designer paper Layer: 3 3/4" x 4 3/4"


I cut my ornament in the challenge colors. I think it turned out so pretty. 
Attached the image to the designer paper layer with double sided tape. I also add a layer of sweet sorbet cardstock to the panel. 
Sweet Sorbet Layering Panel: 5" x 4"

To complete my card, I attached the image panel to the card base.
 
Well, that's it for me for this post. Merry Christmas everyone. See you next Saturday. 

Reminder: Marla has a new video up on the CottageCutz YouTube channel and there is a giveaway. Click here.







1 comment:

Kristine said...

So festive and cute!!