Friday, December 15, 2023

Ginger Pocket Peeker

Happy Friday Friends!  

Kris here with you today, sharing a cute Christmas card featuring our Christmas Release!  All the dies in this release are 30% off for a limited time, so a great time to pick some up for those last minute holiday cards for this year OR to get a head start on next year's cards! 


Today I'm showcasing the Ginger Pocket Peeker from our Christmas 2023 Release, and the fun Trellis Background Die from our Black Friday Release!  

It's so easy to create fun plaid backgrounds with this Trellis background die! Marla shared in her latest video HERE how you can layer the die by cutting 2 and turning one upside down!  Easy peasy!!  

CUTTING & SCORING:

Red cardstock:
A2 top folding card

Teal Green cardstock:  

White cardstock:
 2nd largest Scalloped Rectangle

Teal patterned paper with white snowflakes:
3rd largest Stitched Rectangle


DESIGN STEPS:

1.  I layered the white Trellis onto the Green so that they are opposite (one upside down), glued them together and then onto my card front.  **Thanks again for that awesome tip Marla ☺

2.  I glued my patterned paper onto my white scalloped layer, then added foam tape to the back to pop it up a bit to center of my card. 



3.  Next, I stamped a denim background stamp onto my top and bottom layers of my pocket and glued them on. 


4.  I colored my die cuts and assembled.


5.  I added all my elements to the front with 2x the foam tape.  I then added some Snow Writer to the Hat trim and puff for lots of dimension.  I finished it off with a tiny snowflake in the middle of my peppermint and 4 green gems in the corners.  




Such a cute and quick card to make!  

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial ☺ 
 Thanks for visiting!



 


~Kristine

2 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This little ginger is so cute and I love the plaid background you created with the Trellis die

Pam MacKay said...

Sweet card love the double trellis in the background and the pocket gingerbread man is a favorite!