Sunday, December 17, 2023

Christmas Greetings

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Sunday edition of the Blog.

We have 2 new releases in the online store. The Christmas 2023 release is available and currently at 30% off individual dies. The Black Friday In The Garden release is also available at 30% off individual dies.

For today's card, I am featuring the new Vintage Horse & Sleigh die. If you are in need of some quick and easy Christmas cards, then this post is definitely for you. I am still creating Christmas cards so I am right there with you. 

Design Steps:

I started my card with the designer paper. I just bought this "One Horse Open Sleigh paper pack from Stampin' Up because of the background scenery.  For this pattern I thought of the Vintage Horse & Sleigh die and my card was born. You could use any designer paper from your stash that has a scene on it. 
I cut the designer paper to a 5 1/2" square. I didn't want to cut too much of this beautiful scene away. 
 
Designer Paper: 5 1/2" square
Boho Blue Base: 5 3/4" square

 Since I don't have 12" paper in this shade of blue, I used 8 1/2" x 11" paper and a hinge technique to make the base larger. You can check out this post to see exactly how I did this.
Next, I cut the sleigh image in a dark blue cardstock and my greeting from white glitter paper which picks up the lights on the trees and house. The Christmas Greetings phrase is from the 2018 collection and is still available in our online store. 
Now I am ready to start card assembly. Attached the designer paper with double sided tape. 

The sentiment and sleigh are attached with clear drying glue and this card is done. I said it was quick and easy.
That's it for me for this post. See you next Saturday. 











No comments: