Monday, October 02, 2023

Fall Wagon Wheel Shaker

Happy Monday friends!

Kris here to share a fun Fall shaker card using some brand new dies from our FALL 2023 RELEASE!  There are 15 designs in this release and they are all on sale!  Individual dies are 30% OFF and for a limited time only, you can get the whole bundle for 50% OFF!

This release has so many wonderful dies (I love Fall!)  and the first thing that came to mind when I saw the Fall Wagon Wheel and Fall Barrel dies was to create shaker cards!!  I decided to use them together and make the wheel into a shaker.  Super easy to do!  


All the patterned papers I used came from the Pumpkin Spice paper pad from Doodlebug Designs

PRODUCTS:

SUPPLIES:
Low-tack tape
Foam strips
Acetate or window sheet
Sequins or other shaker elements

DESIGN STEPS:

• Card Base is a 5-1/2" square in Pumpkin Pie cardstock - set aside until the end.

• Leafy paper is cut at 5-1/4" square.

• I die cut a square using the largest of the Pierced Square Set from the blue plaid and glued to the center of leafy paper.

• I also die cut a circle (not pictured below) using the 4th largest of the Pierced Circle set from the green plaid paper that will be the back inside of the shaker.


• I die cut the Wagon Wheel from 2 shades of brown/tan and the Barrel from white and the same 2 shades of brown.  I then colored the white leaves and sunflowers.


• I glued the leaves behind the barrel and then to the bottom left of my plaid square.


• Next, I taped (with low-tack tape) the 5th largest Pierced Circle slightly overlapping the barrel, then die cut thru all layers.


I glued the larger outer wheel on top of die cut opening, then the smaller wheel on top.


 • On the back, I added Scor Tape all around the wheel, then removed backing and add the window sheet.  

***TIP:  running a used dryer sheet over the acetate will help prevent sequins from sticking!


• I added 1/8" foam strips closely around the circle opening and all around the edges... then can fill in with a few strips.


Add sequins or other shaker elements 


Add your circle shaker backing to lock in the sequins.


Apply glue to the back of the shaker part and remove backing of foam strips and center it onto card front.

• Add Sunflowers and "Fall" and glue the wagon wheel center to the wheel.



  

    




We have more inspiration on our YouTube Channel HERE
 
Happy Crafting!

~Kris


1 comment:

Mary Marsh said...

This is a great shaker card Kristine- and a creative idea to make the wheel the shaker