Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Candle Christmas Slimline Card

Happy Tuesday crafty friends!
I hope your day and week are going well. Today I am sharing a pretty in pink Slimline Christmas card I created with some of the new beautiful dies from Cottage Cutz. Here is what I created.

I created a slimline card. It is a top folding card with a white cardstock base.


I started by cutting out my pieces in white cardstock. I then began to color them with my various markers. 

I then cut out my mats. I decided to used the scallop stitched slimline dies in two sizes. I also cut out some corresponding mats using some patterned paper and some kraft cardstock. I then went ahead and assembled them and used some foam tape to give them some lift.

After coloring my base leaves from the Fall branch die, I adhered them to the base of the top of my mat base. The fall branch die is part of the new fall release from CottageCutz.com.


Here is a side view of my completed card. After I assembled all the various pieces. I like to give them the feeling of dimension by layering them. I also glue the bases of the pieces but leave the tops and sides free so that I can curl, lift and shape the pieces.


Here's a closer look at the candle. i know it is really hard to tell in the photo but I used some glossy accents on the top, the drip and the flame. This gives it a nice shiny finish.

Here is another close up of the candle. You can see, after I colored it pink, I used some fine glitter to cover it. I love the sparkle of glitter and Christmas cards are the perfect time to pull out all the stops and glitter and glitz up your projects!


Here is one last look at my finished card. I do love using pink in just about everything I do, including any holiday or seasons...lol!


Dies I Used For This Project


Holiday Candle Center Piece

Holiday Deer

Fall Branch


Scalloped Stitched Rectangle Slimline

Be sure to head over to CottageCutz.com and pick up some of these amazing dies! Both new collections are just too good to pass up! It is never too early to start on Christmas Cards! Especially if you have several people on your list!

That about covers it for today. Be sure to come back by as I will be sharing more Christmas related stuff! Until the next time, have a wonderfully crafty day!

-Melinda

2 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Beautiful layering and sparkle on your awesome slimline card

Kristine said...

Fantastic card Melinda! Clever use of the new dies!