Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Easy Snowman Die Cut DIY Card

Happy Tuesday crafty friends,
Today I am sharing a cute, quick and easy card you can easily recreate. It features a super cute snowman die cut from the new Cottage Cutz release. Here is my card.
It is a standard top folding A4 card. It is a very easy card that you can recreate and make several for the upcoming holiday season.
I started by cutting out some base dies and some corresponding mats from some patterned paper. The paper is from an Echo Park 6x6 paper pad. I used the Pierced Circle Die set and the double stitched rectangle die set for the die cut bases and then cut some mats from the patterned paper to fit. For the circle, I used the next size down in the die set. The base of the card is a white cardstock cut at 4.25 x 11 and folded at the 5.5 mark to make it a top folding card.


I then went to work on that super cute snowman. I cut him out in all white cardstock. My typical MO. I then colored him in with corresponding colors to the papers I chose. I love doing this method so I can come close to the colors and not have to have so many different paper colors. After coloring the snowman, I assembled him and added him on to the card top I then cut out the stay warm from one of the pieces of paper, You could just as easily  use a stamp or another die cut for a sentiment.

Here's a view of the card standing up and slightly angled. I think it turned out super cute and very clean.



Winter Snowman


Double-Stitched Rectangle Set


Pierced Circle Set

Well that about covers it for today. Be sure to keep stopping back by for some more creative inspiration and the holiday crafting season gets heated up! Also, stop back by this Wednesday as I showcase a super cute project I created for an Instagram Hop I will be participating in! You don't want to miss it!

YOU WILL WANT TO JOIN THE FUN!
You could win 1 of 2 great prizes!
1 $50 Prize from La-La Land Crafts
1- $50 Prize from Cottage Cutz!
Winners will be chosen over on Instagram.

I will also have a full post on my blog with deets on my project! I can't wait to share what I created!

Until then, have a wonderfully crafty day!
-Melinda

1 comment:

Pam MacKay said...

Super cute snowman love the card design too!