Saturday, October 14, 2023

Holiday Angel

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

It's new release time!!! We have our Christmas 2023 release in the online store that has 40 designs. It's an old-fashioned Christmas theme. You can pick up the individual dies at 30% off for a limited time.

We also have a new Fall 2023 release in the online store with 15 designs. You can also pick up these individual dies at 30% off for a limited time.

Today for your viewing pleasure, I am featuring the new Holiday Angel die and created a Christmas card that would be easy to recreate for multiples. 

Design Steps:

I used the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #968 for my card colors this week. We were to use lemon-lime twist, daffodil delight and coastal cabana for the color trio. Optional was anything goes. I used designer paper for that option. 

I wanted to do either Christmas or Fall with these colors and Christmas won out. Using the new Holiday Angel die, I thought I could make the colors work for a Christmas card. 
lemon-lime twist, daffodil delight, coastal cabana
We also have the option to use neutral colors and that's a big plus. I used gray for my card base, metallic silver for the layering panel and the gray designer paper. The designer paper reminded me of a starry nighttime sky.

Basic Gray Card Base: 4 1/2"x 5 3/4"
Metallic Layering Panel: 4 3/8"x 5 5/8"
Designer Paper Layer: 4 1/4"x 5 1/2"

 I used the Holy Nativity die (Christmas 2020) and cut just the phrase in black foil.
Cut the angel in a white glitter paper and used the challenge colors for her hair, wreath and sash. I colored her face, feet and hands with Copic markers E00 (skin white) and E21 (soft sun).
I attached the angel with dimensional adhesive to complete my card. That's it for me for this week. See you next Saturday.
Reminder: Marla has a new video and a giveaway on the CottageCutz YouTube channel. Click here.







No comments: