Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Let Us Give Thanks

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Wednesday edition of the Blog.

It's new release time!!! We have our Christmas 2023 release in the online store that has 40 designs. It's an old-fashioned Christmas theme. You can pick up the individual dies at 30% off for a limited time.

We also have a new Fall 2023 release in the online store with 15 designs. You can also pick up these individual dies at 30% off for a limited time.

Today for your viewing pleasure, I am featuring the new Fall Wagon Wheel, Autumn Friends (Fox) and the Fall Barrel (Sunflowers) dies and I created a Thanksgiving card. So, let's get started with some details of how I created my card. 

Design Steps:

I started my card this week using the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #791. We are to use pretty peacock, crushed curry and cajun craze for the color trio. As a plus neutrals are always allowed. 
crushed curry, pretty peacock, cajun craze

I cut my images in the challenge colors and some neutral shades. . 
I had designer paper in the pretty peacock color so I used that for my background. It's from the Stampin' Up "come to gather" collection. I stamped my Thanksgiving sentiment on the image panel in the cajun craze ink color.

Pretty Peacock card base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Designer Paper Layer: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Espresso Panel: Largest Stitched Square die - 3 1/2" x 3 1/2"
Image Panel: Largest Square Set die - 3 3/8" x 3 3/8"

I am now ready to start card assembly. I attached the images to the kraft panel with clear drying glue and dimensional adhesive. 
Attached the designer paper to the card base with double sided tape.
 
To complete my card, I attached the image panel with double sided tape. I also added a pair of acorns from the Autumn friends die. I didn't like the green stem that's holding the sunflowers so very carefully I was able to lift the images and add a new stem cut in pretty peacock. I placed it over top of the green one. I like it better.
Well, that's it for me for this post. See you again next week.














No comments: