Friday, October 13, 2023

Fall Pumpkin Trio

Hi Friends,

Welcome to this Friday edition of our blog ☺  It's Kris here, sharing a Fall card with watercolored pumpkins using the Harvest Pumpkins and Fall Leaves from the NEW FALL RELEASE!  The individual dies in this release are 30% OFF for a limited time!


I followed the color challenge at SplitcoastStampers this week which was

Pebbled Path
Lost Lagoon
Wild Wheat
*I substituted Pretty Peacock for Lost Lagoon

Dessert Option is to Add a Border! I added a top and bottom border to the Plaid paper with the Wild Wheat cardstock... and I also added a Wacky Stitched Die border to the smaller white focal piece.
 
 DESIGN STEPS:


I cut the following from Stampin' Up! colors:

• Pretty Peacock = 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored at 4-1/4"
• White = 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" 
• Wild Wheat = 3-1/4" x 5-1/2"
• Plaid paper = 3-1/8" x 5-1/2"

I stamped a sentiment in bottom right corner of my white panel and then I dry embossed it.  



I die cut the Harvest Pumpkins from a watercolor cardstock, and the Fall Leaves from the 3 challenge colors.  I then watercolored my pumpkins with Pretty Peacock classic ink and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Inks, and the leaves in Vintage Photo D.O. ink.  



I cut my main focal piece from white cardstock at 2-1/2" x 4-1/2" then I dry embossed it with the same folder as the larger white panel.  I then decided I wanted to create a border and flatten out the leaves a bit for a more subtle texture, so I used the largest Nested Wacky Stitched Rectangle and cut it as shown, then cut just the other long edge.



I glued my largest white embossed panel to my card front.  Then I centered the Wheat and Plaid papers  and then the smaller white die cut panel on top.  

I then cut the stems off of my leaves and glued them to the bottom half of my card center, then added my pumpkins and sunflower.  Done!




  



I hope you are inspired today to get crafty with your favorite CottageCutz dies!

There's more inspiration and giveaways on our YouTube Channel!

~Kris


1 comment:

Mary Marsh said...

This is a beautiful card Kristine- love the color combo and your coloring of the pumpkins