Saturday, September 02, 2023

Sending Birthday Wishes

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

Our new Folk Art release is still available in the online store at 35% off individual dies. There are 19 new designs that are so perfect for cardmaking, journaling, and scrapbooking.

In fact, we are having a big Labor Day sale going on now. The savings are up to 65%. Check it out here. 

Today for your viewing pleasure, I am featuring the Folk Art Butterfly die on a birthday card. So, let's get started with some details of how I created this card. 

Design Steps:
I started my card this week using the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #963. We were to use highland heather, parakeet party and daffodil delight for her color trio. Optional was to make it a birthday card. I thought these would be perfect colors for the butterfly. 
highland heather, parakeet party, daffodil delight

I cut the butterfly in the three challenge colors and attached to a panel of designer paper. This one has a gray background and gray is an allowed neutral in this color challenge. I also stamped my birthday sentiment in highland heather ink. 
Gray Designer Paper: 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" 
Next, I cut all the elements that would surround my butterfly image and also my sending phrase. I used the Sending Hugs Bear, Folk Art Flowers Mixed and the Little Flowers dies. Again, all cut in the challenge colors. 
I attached the new pieces with a clear drying glue. 
To finish my card, I attached the image panel to the highland heather card base and scattered a few hearts. 
Card Base: 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"
Well, that's it for this post. See you next Saturday.

Reminder: Marla has a video up on the CottageCutz YouTube channel. Click here.








No comments: