Saturday, September 16, 2023

Gate Fold Masculine Birthday

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

Our Folk Art release is still available in the online store at 35% off individual dies. There are 19 new designs that are so perfect for cardmaking, journaling, and scrapbooking.

In fact, all of the releases from 2023 through Halloween of 2022 are currently on sale. Check them out here if you want to pick up any that you may have missed and still want.

Today for your viewing pleasure, I am featuring a die from our Classic 50's release . It's the Motorcycle die, and I used it for a masculine birthday fun fold card. The fold is a gate fold with a belly band. My friend asked me to make a card for her son who loves to ride his motorcycle.
 
Design Steps:

I started by preparing the card base and the layering panels. 

Card Base - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2". I scored both panels at 2 1/8" on each side.

White Layers - 5 3/8" x 2"
Designer Paper Layer - 5" x 1 7/8"
Next, I adhered these pieces with double sided tape.
Belly Band -11" x 1 1/2" - scored at 7 3/8" & 3 1/8". 
I placed the band around the card front and then folded in on the score lines. I used clear drying glue to form the band. 
I cut the pieces for the motorcycle. I used red and black since that's the color of her son's bike. 
I cut a circle using the 3rd largest Stitched Circle die. Sponged some clouds using Tumbled Glass distress ink and Mowed Lawn distress ink for grass. Attached the motorcycle image with dimensional adhesive. 
I wanted a sentiment on the front but I didn't have any stamps that would work. So I used the letters from the Cinema Drive-In Sign and Fifties Phrases #2 dies for the "Ride On" phrase. 
I attached the image on the belly band and slid it over the card front. 
I finished the inside of my card using the Happy Birthday w/ shadow die. I also stamped a sentiment. 
That's it for me for this post. See you again next Saturday. 

Reminder: Marla has a new video up on the CottageCutz YouTube channel. Click here. 








 


No comments: