Sunday, September 10, 2023

Harvest Basket


Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Sunday edition of the Blog.

Our Folk Art release is still available in the online store at 35% off individual dies. There are 19 new designs that are so perfect for cardmaking, journaling, and scrapbooking.

In fact, all of the releases from 2023 through Halloween of 2022 are currently on sale. Check them out here if you want to pick up any that you may have missed and still want. 

Today for your viewing pleasure, I am featuring an older die from our 2018 fall release- Basket of Vegetables,  and I created a card to send at Thanksgiving to celebrate the autumn harvest. So lets get started with some details of how I put it all together. 

Design Steps:

I started off my card this week with the layout. I used an older sketch from Splitcoaststampers Sketch #717 for my card. I thought the layout would show off this basket of vegetables die well.

I wanted to use designer paper that had more of a fall theme to it. I had this pattern in my collection and I liked the flower images. I paired it with a moss green and a shimmery white cardstock. 
Shimmery white card base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Mossy green layer: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Designer paper layer: 3 7/8" x 5 1/4"
Blackberry panel (Layer 3) : 3/4" x 5 3/8"
I cut the basket and vegetables in cardstock colors that correspond to the vegetable image. I layered the basket on designer paper  (element 2 of sketch) that I embossed with a wood plank folder. Just for some added texture. 
Next, I stamped the happy harvest sentiment in blackberry bliss ink. 
Now that my elements are all prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the designer to the layering panel with double sided tape. The blackberry layer (element 3) is also attached with tape. 
I attached the image panel and also decided to add some gold ribbon. 
To finish off my card, I attached the panel to the white card base. I scattered a few blackberry enamel dots and also added a corner piece of greenery. 
That's it for me for this post. See you next Saturday. 









1 comment:

Pam MacKay said...

Perfect card for the coming of fall! Great selection of designer papers