Friday, September 29, 2023

CottageCutz Christmas 2023 Release




I am so excited to share this card that I created using the new CottageCutz Christmas release. I have been anxiously awaiting this release that is a split between vintage and classic CottageCutz cute. I have so many ideas and wasn't sure where I wanted to start, but eventual landed on the "Vintage Holiday Lantern." I paired it up with some pattern paper in my stash to add non-traditional colors with an old-fashioned flair and I think it worked. Let's get started.



I die cut all of the pieces using white cardstock. Next, I colored them using Catherine Pooler inks as follows: Lantern, Cotton Candy with white gouache painted on top. Candle, Butter Cream and Sauna. Holly, Skylight and spattered with Spruce. Small leaf, Spruce. Ribbon (cut twice), Polished and Pebble. Twigs, Mocha. Berries, Polished and Cotton Candy. I added both water splatters and white gouache splatters to some of the pieces. For the bow, I used the white gouache with a paint brush to mute some of the color and add distressed interest.


When I assembled the lantern, I chose not to use the wick for the candle that is available, and I added vellum behind the first lantern layer to mute the patterned paper from behind. I then added one more lantern layer behind the vellum for a little dimension.




To assemble the card, I began with a 4.25" x 5.5" white top folding card base. I used two pieces of patterned paper.  The first piece was cut to 4" x 5.25 and the second was cut to approximately 1.5" x 5.25" and hand torn on the right edge to add a distressed look. I then adhered the pieces to the center of the card panel.

I glued my finished lantern down to the right of center and arranged my foliage around the top ring of the lantern. I added a couple sprigs flowing down on the right side creating a visual triangle. Then, I off set my gray and red bows using a small foam dot in between each piece for dimension. Finally, I added "Crystal" Stickles to the twigs and berries for added sparkle.


That completes this card. I hope my card inspires you to create something new today. The vintage pieces included in this release really warms my heart.  If you missed my review of the new "Old Fashioned Ornaments" you can head over to the CottageCutz YouTube Channel to see a sample of each ornament fully assembled.  


  


Until next time.... Marla




2 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This is beautiful Marla- love the vintage appeal

Kristine said...

So PRETTY! I love the vintage, shabby-chic feel of this one.