Sunday, September 24, 2023

Merry Moose in Wonderland


Welcome friends!  I hope you're having a blessed Sunday ☺

It's Kris sharing with you today and I've got a cute Christmas card using the Merry Moose die from the NEW 2023 CHRISTMAS RELEASE

I had this Winter Wonderland paper (6x6) from Doodlebug Designs that has some moose , polar bears, and other li'l critters on it and thought it'd be a great match for this new Merry Moose!  All the patterned papers came from this paper pad.  I followed this week's sketch challenge at SplitcoastStampers, SC976 


HERE'S HOW I MADE IT:

Cutting/Scoring:

White:
-- card base - cut at 4-1/4" x 11" and score at 5-1/2" 
--stamp sentiment, then die cut top and bottom with an edge of the Nested Wacky Stitched Rectangles
-- die cut Merry Moose

• Glittery White:
-- die cut Snowflakes (retired)

• Patterned Paper #1 (blue w/snowflakes) 
--cut at 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
-- cut a small corner triangle as shown and die cut the top with the side edge of a Nested Scalloped Rectangle die
-- die cut just the hat from Merry Moose

• Patterned Paper #2 (blue with animals) 
--cut 4" x 5-1/4"

• Patterned Paper #3 (pink w/ pink snowflakes) 
--die cut with largest Nested Wacky Stitched Rectangles

• Patterned Paper #4 (white w/ colored snowflakes) 
--cut a corner as shown and die cut the top (diagonally) with the side edge of a Scalloped Rectangles die 
-- die cut just the scarf from Merry Moose

• cut 2 strips from the patterned paper that has rows/borders.


Design Steps:

1.  I added some DO ink to my moose parts and assembled.


2.  Adhere Pattern #1 to card base, then #2 to that, then #3 centered on top.  

3.  Attach snowflakes as shown, then pop up the moose with foam strips.

4.  Attach Pattern #4 to bottom right corner, and attach the 2 border strips at a diagonal in top left as shown.  Then turn over and trim away the strips that are hanging over.


5.  I thought I was done at this point.  But then I thought I wanted to anchor that corner with a darker color and sentiment, so I added the smaller blue corner (cut the same way as the white w/ snowflakes)


6.  And lastly, I stamped a sentiment on white cardstock and added some detail by die cutting the top and bottom with an edge of the Nested Wacky Stitched Rectangles, turned it over and trimmed away what was hanging over.  Now it's done!








Ink Something Crafty!

~Kristine


1 comment:

Mary Marsh said...

This is so cute and I love the layout