Saturday, August 05, 2023

Thank You Card


Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

Our new Folk Art release is still available in the online store at 35% off individual dies. There are 19 new designs that are so perfect for cardmaking, journaling, and scrapbooking.

They allow you to add a beautiful touch of folk art to whatever you may be creating - birthday, thank-you, new home, thinking of you and even Christmas. The design team has featured many creative ideas using these dies so take a look back at our posts for inspiration.

For my card today I am doing a throwback to some older dies from a 2018 release. I used the Stitched Jars & Stitched Fruit dies to create a thank you card. My neighbor always sends us a jar of her homemade pear butter each year and I want to be prepared with a thank you card. The pears are on her tree now and will be ripe in a few weeks. 

Design Steps:
I started my card with an old sketch I had saved on my computer. 
 I looked through my designer paper to see if I had any pear themed paper. I found this one that I have had for years and thought it would work for my card layout. 

Chocolate Chip Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Curry Layer: 4" x 5 1/4"
Designer Paper Layer: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
Next, I cut the jar and pear. I used vellum for the jar and a metallic silver for the jar lid. The pear is cut in olive card stock. 
For the rectangle panels on the sketch, I used the Stitched Rectangle Set on the choc chip panel.  It's the 3rd largest die (2 7/8" x 3 7/8"). The curry panel is cut from the Rectangle Set. I used the 2nd largest die (2 5/8" x 3 5/8"). 
I used the Thanks w/Shadow die for my sentiment. The shadow is cut in choc chip and the thanks phrase in olive. 
My elements are all cut. I am ready to start assembly. I attached the card base and both layering panels w/double sided tape.
For the image panel I attached the jar w/clear glue- adding it behind the lid and where I was placing the pear image. The pear image is lifted slightly off the jar with dimensional adhesive. I used a border die cut in chocolate chip and added white pearls for interest.  I also added some chocolate chip ribbon. 
To finish off my card I attached the Thanks phrase with glue dots and scattered a few more pearls. 
Well, that's it for me for this post. See you next Saturday.

Reminder: Marla has a video up on the CottageCutz YouTube channel. She has a giveaway. Click here. 











1 comment:

Pam MacKay said...

So cute love the papers you used and that border on the edge looks great!