Monday, August 21, 2023

Paper Pieced Pumpkin

Hello friends!  

It's Kris sharing with you today this easy-to-make pumpkin card for your inspiration!


I was inspired by some other die-cut and punched pumpkin cards on Pinterest and thought I'd give it a go with some cute Fall-themed papers and of course I got creative with my CottageCutz dies! 

CUTTING & SCORING:

Dove White Cardstock:
•  5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4"
• 3-7/8" x 5-1/8"
• die cut Thanks w/ Shadow (shadow)

Pecan Pie Cardstock (brown):
• 5-1/4" x 4"
• die cut Thanks w/ Shadow (shadow)
• die cut Fence & Grass (fence)

Patterned Papers (Doodlebug Designs: Pumpkin Spice):
• (5)  die cut the 3rd smallest of the Pierced Oval set
• die cut (2) of the large leaves from the Flowers 4x6 die
*Tip... I just cut a piece li'l bit larger than the leaf w/ scissors first then die cut just the leaf
• die cut Thanks w/ Shadow (thanks)
• die cut Fence & Grass (grass)

DESIGN STEPS:

1.  First, I stamped "for all you do" in an olive green in the top right corner of my white layer.


2.  I assembled my pumpkin using foam strips between each of the top 2 layers.



3.  I hand cut a stem for my pumpkin and added some lines with a marker.  I then ran some twine thru a button and glued it to the top over the leaves.  


4.  Next, I decided I wanted more texture on the white layer, so I ran it thru with a lattice embossing folder.  I then smoothed it out with my bone folder, just over my stamped sentiment so it would be easier to read. ☺


5.  I cut apart my fence and grass as shown below so there are 3 slats and 2.


6.  I added my pumpkin with foam strips between the fence.

7.  I offset my brown "thanks" shadow behind the white and then glued my "Thanks" on top and added to the top left corner of card.  Done!


Thanks for looking!  I hope you're inspired to create something CUTE with your CottageCutz dies! 

♡ Kristine



  

  


1 comment:

Mary Marsh said...

Love your pumpkin themed thank you card- creative idea