Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Fall Floral Card

Happy Terrific Tuesday crafty friends!
I hope you are doing well and staying cool! Here in the south, in the United States, it has been very hot! Plus our schools are now back in session, so the hustle and bustle is in full swing! It is hard to be thinking about the fall season already but alas, as crafters, you always want to be a bit ahead of the season!So here is a lovely card I created with a wonderful fall theme.
Melinda Beltran Fall Die Cut Card
I created this top folding A4 card with a festive fall theme. I used a Christmas die called Christmas Farmhouse Floral as my main focal piece. I did use the flowers from the Deer Floral Spray die instead of the Poinsettia's that come with the Christmas Farmhouse Floral die. I started by cutting all my die cut pieces from White cardstock.

I started by takin the white can and dressing it up. First I splattered my can with some gray ink. It gave the can a nice speckled look. 

Next, I blotted some gray onto the can with my finer paint bruch. This gave the can the appearance of an authentic milk can.


I then turned to my leafy branches. I had cut several out in Kraft cardstock. I set about coloring in the leaves with some vibrant fall colors.

Here's a photo as I am coloring the stems a darker brown,.

here is a closer look at the cute flowers that I used. They are so very cute.



here is another view of my completed card. Once I finished creating and coloring all my pieces, I assembled my can onto a double stitched oval cut from some Kraft cardstock. I layered all that onto a scalloped oval die cut from some white cardstock. For the sentiment, I used a double stitched rectangle and then a scalloped white rectangle. I hand wrote For You with a brown fine tip marker. I used a little foam tape to give it some lift and adhere it and then added all that to a base of Kraft cardstock with a piece of patterned paper for a mat.


Dies Used











Well, I hope this gave you a little fall insp in spite of the heat! It is never too early to start on your fall decor and cards! While I am a Spring girl, my whole family loves fall so we really do it up here!

Don't forget to check out the CottageCutz.com You Tube Channel! You will find some great inspiration there too!Until the next time, have a wonderfully crafty day!

2 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This is a pretty Fall card Melinda- Ilike the colors you used and how you treated the can- gives it an aged look.

Tracy said...

Love this card, such pretty fall colors.