Saturday, August 26, 2023

Folk Art Deer Christmas

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

Our new Folk Art release is still available in the online store at 35% off individual dies. There are 19 new designs that are so perfect for cardmaking, journaling, and scrapbooking.

In fact, all of the releases from 2023 through Halloween of 2022 are currently on sale. Check them out here if you want to pick up any that you may have missed and still want. The sale won't be on long.

Since we are coming into my favorite holidays of the year, I decided to make a Christmas card using the new Folk Art Deer die. So, let's get started with the details of how I created this card. 

Design Steps:

I started by cutting the Folk Art Deer. I used a medium blue, green and red cardstocks. I used an older die to cut the pine trees to create my outdoor scene. I added a hat to my deer after all he is a Christmas deer. The hat is from the Christmas Flamingo die. It fits him perfectly. 

Next, I embossed my background using a swirly snow embossing folder. I attached it to my white card base.

White image panel: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
White card base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Then I cut the snowbank using the Hills Slimline die. I added some chunky glitter for added interest. 
I cut my peace and joy phrase from the Peace and Joy Wreath die in red cardstock.  
I attached the Joy phrase to the snowbank and stamped my sentiment in black ink. 
Now that my elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the deer with dimensional adhesive and the snowbank with double sided tape. 
I added the pine trees using double sided tape. 
To finish off my card I attached the Peace and phrase using a clear drying glue. 
That's it for me for this post. See you next Saturday.

Reminder: Marla has a video up on the CottageCutz YouTube channel. Click here.







No comments: