Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Shabby Butterfly Fall Card

Happy Tuesday crafty friends!
I hope your Tuesday is off to a great start! Today I am sharing a card I made with some beautiful Cottage Cutz dies. Take a look at what I created.
A top folding card with a gorgeous Butterfly front and center! The butterfly is the Folk Art Butterfly Die.

I started by taking a plain white piece of cardstock and spritzing some of my blue ink spray onto my cardstock mat.

I then took some gold paint and swashed it over my blue spritzing. I then edged the paper with my blue ink. You will see that on the next photo.

I then added some of my die cuts at the top and the bottom. The deer horns are from the Deer Floral Spray.

Here is a closer look at my beautiful butterfly. I started with it as plain white cardstock. I then added some of the same gold glitter paint as a base. I then added some brown inking to the edges. I used my blue markers for some of the decorative pieces. I used brown marker for the leaf motiffs and then dotted the wings with my brown glitter. I added some foam underneath to give it some lift.

Here is a closer look at the pretty flowers and pinecones. I added those to the center of the bottom spray.



Here's a closer look at the top spray. I added a bow with some of the sweet little flowers. I used my nuvo drops for the center of the bow. I added the finished piece to my cardstock base and done!

Here is one last look at my finished card. I think it turned out so pretty. It doesn't have a sentiment on it yet as I haven't decided if I am going to use this as a thinking of you or a birthday card. 



Dies Used

Folk Art Butterfly



Holiday Mason Jar







Well, I hope this card gave you some fun inspiration! It is always nice to have cards in all seasons. Until the next time, have a wonderfully crafty day!

2 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This is such a beauty- love the shabby chic or vintage appeal

Kristine said...

Very pretty!! I love the Shabby vintage feel as well and all the foliage is natural feeling and warm.