Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Lady bug and gnome piecing die cut cards.

Happy Tuesday crafty friends,
I hope your day is going well. If you are like me, and live in Central Florida, you are getting prepared for the impending storm. I am hoping and praying all goes well and that it passes without too much trouble. In the meantime, I am sharing a fun card I created with some fun Cottage Cutz dies along with a cute gnome piecing. Take a look.


Here is my Berry Sweet card. 

Here is a shot of the pieces. I started with all of my pieces as white cardstock. I did my usual and colored my pieces in. I so enjoy doing that. I made the card in a pretty straightforward manor. I assembled the cupcake and the cute little ladybug and the surrounding pieces. I decorated the card with some patterned paper I created and then aded all of that onto the wacky stitched square die. As I was creating this card I had inspiration strike. With the pieces, I ended up creating the below little Gnope paper piecing.

This cutie was made by utilizing the pieces of the various dies.


I used the wing piece to create the feet and arms of the little gnome.


Here is how I created the mustache. I used the cute little daisy flower by cutting it and piecing two of the pieces together. His body is the cupcake wrapper and sponge. His nose is the center of the daisy flower. His hat is the whipped cream or frosting topping piece. And of course the berries, flowers and hearts are die cuts as they are.


Here is one last look at both of the projects.



 Lady Bug Cupcake


Berry Phrases


Nested Wacky Stitched Set

Make sure you come back by each day to see what all the other super talented designers create! Don't forget to also head over to the Cottage Cutz YouTube Channel for more super creative inspiration!


Well that about covers it for this project. I hope you are inspired to think and look at your die cuts in different ways.  Until the next time, have a wonderfully crafty day!

1 comment:

Mary Marsh said...

Love both of your cards. Piecing the gnome together from the cupcake pieces is such a creative idea.