Sunday, June 26, 2022

Sweet Slimline Birthday

Hello and welcome back ~ it's Kris here on this sweet Sunday... or shall I say sundae? ☺  This week I'm sharing a yummy slimline birthday card using the Ice Cream Sundae die from the new Sweet Treats release, along with some other funtastic CottageCutz dies! 


Design Steps

I cut a piece of pink cardstock to 8-1/2" x 7" & scored at 3-1/2" along the 7" side.

Next, I die-cut a white frame (I used glittery white cardstock) from the Windows Slimline die.

And then I cut 3 pieces of coordinating patterned papers at 2-1/2" x 2-3/4".  


I glued the patterned papers to the back of window frames, and then glued the frame to card base.


Next, I cut all my pieces with the Ice Cream Sundae and sentiment dies and glued together.  
  • The cupcake liners were cut from patterned papers in the same paper pad as my 3 rectangle frame pieces so they coordinate.  I cut the rest of the die out of pink, brown and white cardstock. 
  •  I gave some shadows to the strawberry & chocolate ice cream and colored all other pieces with Copic markers.  
  • The top layers of the sentiments were cut from glittery white cardstock, like the frame.
  • I added some shaker elements to the ice cream for some sparkly "sprinkles"

And to finish the card, I attached all the die-cut elements to my card front using foam dots.  Easy peasy!


Thanks for taking a peek!  Hope your Sunday is extra sweet!

~Kristine


Here are the products I used:









3 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Adorable and fun slimline card!

Mary Marsh said...

this is a great slimline card Kris- love the bright colors

Melinda Beltran said...

What a sweet card Kris! Those sundaes look YUMMY! Chocolate and Strawberry to me!!! Sweet indeed!