Saturday, June 11, 2022

Father's Day Ice Cream

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

It's new release time!!! We have new dies in the online store. It's our Sweet Treats release with 13 new designs. They are so perfect for any card making occasion you may have. The individual dies are currently 30% off.

Today for your viewing pleasure, I have created a Father's Day card using the Build An Ice Cream Cone die. This one I made for the little girl next door to give to her Daddy for Father's Day. He likes ice cream so this one is a perfect for for him.

So, let's get started with some details of how I created my card.

Design Steps:
I started by selecting my designer paper. I looked for something that had more of a masculine vibe to it. Stripes always work so I went that way. I cut the papers in the following sizes.

Red Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Blue Layering Panel: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" 
Large White Embossed panel: 3 3/4" x 5"
Designer paper Layer: 4 1/4" x 3"
Red Scalloped Layer: 
Blue Laying Panel: 3 1/4" x2
Small white panel embossed: 3 1/8" x 1 7/8"
My ice cream cone is cut in colors that complement the designer paper. 
All my card elements are cut and ready for assembly. The layers are all attached with double sided tape. My largest white layer is an embossed panel, but it just isn't showing up well in the photo. 
Next, I attached the assembled cone image using dimensional adhesive. I stamped my sentiment in poppy red ink on vellum. I added a die cut heart to the center. 
I finished off the inside of my card by stamping a couple of sentiments and adding a strip of the designer paper and a couple of hearts.  
Well, that's it for me for this week. See you next Saturday!

Reminder: Our YouTube Channel has a new video from Linh Van. There is a giveaway for being a subscriber, liking the video and leaving a comment. Click here.

die I used to create card:

2 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Super cute Father’s Day card! Love the color combo

Melinda Beltran said...

Perfect Father's day card Mary! Love the color combo and the classic look of stamping on the vellum!