Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Cupcake Slimline Birthday Card

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends!  
Melinda here with you on this Sweet Summer TuesDIE!  Today I am sharing another cheerful and fun birthday card. It features some more of the delightful cupcakes from the New Sweet Treats Release! Here is my slimline card.
I started by creating my base with some white cardstock. I then cut out a piece of yellow cardstock for the base mat. I used the cute scallop stitched slimline die for the next layer. To that I added a mat of some sweet yellow gingham patterned paper. Then the fun really began as I cut out my cupcakes and started coloring them in.

Here is the sweet little puppy dog die I used. I colored her in with some light brown marker. I gave her a pink nose and then added a couple of bows to her ears. The bows are part of her pieces in her die.

I nestled my sweet puppy by a couple of cupcakes. I decorated them with some stickles for a little extra pizazz. kind of hard to tell in the photo but there is some extra sparkle.

I added the happy birthday shadow sentiment and one more luscious cupcake. I then scattered some dew drops for one final decorative touch. Oh I did use some stickles to "glue" them to the base. This actually gives them a little sparkle underneath. The sparkle kind of shines through them when the light hits them. Subtle but a nice extra touch.


Here is the new sweet treats release.

Sweet Treats Release



The Dies I used to create this project:












Make sure you head over to the CottageCutz YouTube channel and check out all of the amazing projects on there. Our video team is doing a wonderful job of filling the channel with all sorts of creative content! You don't want to miss it!

Well that about covers it for today! Until the next time, have a wonderfully craft-die day!
Melinda Beltran


4 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Love the gingham you used to create your slimline card

Pam MacKay said...

Super cute slimline so bright and happy!

Kristine said...

Awwww, such a SWEET card! I love the li'l pup with the pink bows - she's adorable with these cupcakes ♥

Jen - katahdin krafts said...

Melinda, what a clever way to use the Holiday Pup die! Adorable card!