Saturday, June 18, 2022

Birthday Cupcakes on Pedestal

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

Our Sweet Treats dies with 13 new designs are still available in the online store. They are so perfect for any card making occasion you may have. The individual dies are currently 30% off.

Today for your viewing pleasure, I have created a Birthday card using the Pedestal w/Cupcakes die. This one will be going to my good friend who celebrates a summer birthday.  So, let's get started with some details on how I created my card. 

Design Steps:

Since I knew the die, I was going to use, I decided to use papers and colors that I think are more on the feminine side. I went with a magenta cardstock and designer paper for the card base and layering panel.

Magenta Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
White Layering Panel: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Magenta Designer Paper: 4" x 5 1/4"
Next, I cut my cupcakes in complementary colors. I kept the pedestal white to have it stand out against the designer paper. 
I cut the happy birthday phrase from an older CottageCutz die. The "festive birthday greeting" is from the 2019 Birthday release. I cut in white and did an offset with the magenta cardstock just for a bit of variation. 
Now that my card elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the designer paper to the white layering panel with double sided tape. Then I added my pedestal and cupcakes using a combo of art glitter glue (dries clear) and double sided tape. 
The happy birthday phrase is attached with art glitter glue. 
To finish off the card front I secured the image panel to the card base. 
I had an extra cupcake so I used it on the inside of my card. I stamped my sentiment, added a piece of the leftover designer paper and the cupcake. And this card is ready to get mailed out in a couple of weeks.
Well, that's it for me for this post. I hope I have given you an idea for a way to use this new die.

Reminder: Our YouTube Channel has a new video from Jen Hartsgrove. There is a giveaway for being a subscriber, liking the video and leaving a comment.  Click here

dies I used to create card:   





4 comments:

Birgit said...

This entire release would satisfy anyone's sweet tooth. These cupcakes are delightful!

Pam MacKay said...

Yummy looking cupcakes! Cute card!

Kristine said...

Really cute Mary! Love your paper too, it kinda looks like swirly frosting 🥰

Melinda Beltran said...

That is a very sweet card. I love your color choices. I agree with Kristine... that paper is the perfect background for this sweet card!