Friday, February 07, 2020

Love Ewe

Happy Friday!  It's Jeanne today with a Valentine using the new Spring dies.  These dies are adorable and very versatile (and on sale right now!)  I made this card for my oldest daughter.  She loves puns, so I know she'll love this.
To start I cut all the pieces in various colors using the Spring Lamb & Chick and the Hello Spring Bloom dies.  The lamb is cut from vanilla cardstock to contrast a little with the white panel.
Then I assembled the pieces.  I use a silicone mat when gluing so my pieces don't stick to the surface.
For the base I cut a panel 4.25 x 5.5 inches from patterned paper.
Very often when I know I will be layering other panels on top of a patterned paper that I like, I cut a rectangle from the center of my panel.  This gives me a panel to use elsewhere and saves my paper!  It's not like I'm a paper hoarder (LOL), but I will admit to being afraid of running out of retired paper that I love.  This is one way to maximize its use.
I used the largest of the Nested Stitched Scalloped Rectangles to cut a white panel and stamped the sentiment in the lower left.
I centered that panel on my patterned paper and added the lamb and flowers.  My striped paper was dotted on the other side and I decided that I liked that better with the fluffy lamb and scallops.  To finish the card I adhered everything to an A2 top folding card base.

Dies:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzspringlambandchick.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzhellospringbloom.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutznestedstitchedscalloprectangleset.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedrectanglesetbasics.aspx
Thanks for visiting today!  Be sure to stop by the online store where the new Spring dies are on sale for a limited time!

I hope you have a fun and creative weekend!

4 comments:

Sukie said...

Very cute card! The little lamb is absolutely adorable with all of those gorgeous flowers!

Mary Marsh said...

This is just too cute- I love how you used this Spring die for a Valentine card- just another way to get more mileage out of our die collections

Pam MacKay said...

So sweet love the little lamb! Cute idea for a Valentine!

Janja said...

That's so cute!