Saturday, February 15, 2020

Double Trouble Bunnies


Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday day edition of the Blog. 

We have a new release of Spring dies, and they are in the online store and 25% off for a limited time. There are 27 new dies in the release and each one is cuter than the next. They will be perfect for your Easter and Spring card making. The DT will be showing more samples in the weeks to come.

Today, I am featuring the new Double Trouble Bunnies die. These little bunnies are just too cute, and I have the perfect little boy in mind to send it too. But, it's not just for little ones. We all have friends and family who would love to get a card featuring these little bunnies. So let's get started with some details on how I created my card.

Design Steps:
As I have said so many times before, having a layout in mind at the start of my card is always a big boost for me. It jump starts my creative thought process. I love working with the sketches that are out there in the online world. That way I just choose the colors and designer paper and I am good to go.
I had this older MojoMonday sketch saved on my Pinterest board and I thought it would work well for my card today. 
I wanted some bright Spring colors for my card. I chose this watercolored designer paper from my collection and then paired colors that I thought would work well with it.
Daffodil Yellow Card Base:  4" x 5 1/2"
Designer Paper Layer: 3 3/4" x 4"

Square Panel: 2 3/4" stitched rounded square die (3rd largest).For this element of the sketch I kept it a square panel  and made it a 1/2" larger than what was called for in the sketch. I needed it larger to accommodate my images. 

Next, I cut the bunny images using grape, heather, gray and mint cardstocks. You could always cut everything in white cardstock and use the coloring medium of your choice. I just prefer using the colored cardstock.
I sponged clouds on the square panel using tumbled glass distress ink and a cloud stencil. It just adds a little interest to the outdoor scene. 
Now that all my card elements are cut, I am ready to start assembly. I started with the image panel. The images are attached with Ranger multi medium matte.I like this adhesive because it dries clear.  I also used dimensional adhesive to lift them off the sponged panel slightly.  
I attached the designer paper to the card base using double sided tape. I used a grape ribbon to come across the middle of the designer paper per the sketch. 
Attached the image panel with dimensional adhesive. I also cut 2 small pieces of ribbon and attached them to the side of the image panel. I didn't have enough of this color to make a bow and the tufts make a nice presentation. To finish off my card, I scattered some grape glittered enamel dots and this one is complete.
I hope I have given you an idea for a way to use this new die. Remember the new Spring release is on sale for a limited time for 25% off. We are also having a President's Day sale on selected CottageCutz dies. Check it out here

See you next Saturday!

dies I used to create card:



4 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

So cute love the bright spring colors!

Janja said...

Oh, what a cute card.

Sukie said...

Super cute Spring card! The bunnies are adorable!

Jeanne said...

Sweet card Mary! These bunnies are so cute - There are so many ways to use them.