Saturday, February 22, 2020

Easter Parade

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday day edition of the Blog.
We have a new release of Spring dies, and they are in the online store and 25% off for a limited time. There are 27 new dies in the release and each one is cuter than the next. They will be perfect for your Easter and Spring card making. We will be having a group post starting tomorrow and will run the entire week.

Today, I am featuring the new Spring Parade die. This die set is just too cute and it's perfect for a whimsical Easter or Spring card. It will go to my next door neighbors. They have a 3 year old and she will just love it. So let's get started on some details of how I created my card.

Design Steps:

I started by cutting the images. I used a variety of colored cardstock for the images.  You could always cut everything in white cardstock and use the coloring medium of your choice. I just prefer using the colored cardstock.
Next, I selected my cardstocks. I chose this designer paper that is a lighter shade of blue and I thought it would make a great background. I sponged some lighter green ink at the bottom for a grassy area for my parade marchers.  I decided to go for a long and skinny card to fit all of my images. For mailing, this would fit in a #10 business size envelope.
Teal card Base: 4 1/2" x 7 1/2"
Designer Paper Layer: 4" x 7"
I cut the parade word from the Retro Alphabet die. The cardstock is a teal shade.
Now that all my card elements are cut, I am ready for card assembly. I started with the die cut images. I used double sided tape to secure to the designer paper.
Added my Parade sentiment using Ranger multi matte adhesive.
I stamped the Easter word in the same teal shade.
To finish off my card, I added the image panel to the card base. I decided to add a few purple sequins for a little added interest. I hope I have given you an idea for a way to use this new die. That's it for me for this post. See you next Saturday.

dies used to create card:




3 comments:

Sukie said...

Such a fun card! The Easter Parade is absolutely adorable!

Janja said...

This is so cute.

Jeanne said...

This is a fun and festive card Mary! Very cute!