Friday, September 20, 2019

Teacup Christmas Kitty

Happy Friday!  It's Jeanne today with a die from the new Christmas release.  When I saw this Kitten in Teacup die I fell in love.  The kitty is so cute and although it is a Christmas die, it doesn't need to be.  Just take off the Santa hat and holly and it can be used all year long!
To start I chose some Christmas paper so I would have my colors.  I like the two tones of red in this pattern.  I cut an A2 panel and a circle in vanilla using the second largest of the Wacky Stitched Circle dies.
Then I cut my pieces using various colors of card stock.  I cut two sets of paws, one grey and one white as I wasn't sure which ones I wanted to use.  I used two shades of red - bright for the hat and berries, and a dark for the saucer and teacup decoration.  For the greenery, I used an older Christmas die in two shades of green. To make the teacup a bit "fancy" I cut the rim in gold to match the sentiment.
Using a fine tip liner pen I colored his eyes.  I used Distress Oxide ink and a sponge dauber to tip the edges of the cup, cat, paws and hat pompom and band.  This gives them a little bit of depth.
I assembled my teacup and kitty on a silicone mat.
The I assembled my card front, angling my sentiment and using a thin gold washi tape down the left side.
My kitty is popped up using foam dots on the back.  I adhered the panel to a vanilla A2 card base.
As you can see, I decided on the white paws.  I think this card will be my Christmas card for a friend who adores her gray and white cat.  (And it has white paws!)

Don't forget to stop by the online store where the new Christmas release is 25% off for a limited time.  They are adorable and the design team is looking forward to sharing them with you!

Dies used:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzkitteninteacup.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzexpressionsplushugsphrase.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzchristmasfloral2.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutznestedwackystitchedcircleset.aspx

Thanks for joining me today.  I hope you have a fun and creative weekend!

4 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Adorable little kitten love the added greenery!

Sukie said...

Adorable card! I love the sweet kitty with the greenery tucked in behind! The papers are so pretty too!

Mary Marsh said...

Such a sweet die- and you created a great card

Janja said...

This is adorable!