Friday, September 06, 2019

Bluebird of Happiness

Hi!  It's Jeanne sharing today.  We've had bluebirds in our yard recently and they inspired me to make this card.
I love this chubby little bird who started off as a cardinal but ended up as a bluebird.   I used the Jolly Cardinal and the Christmas Floral # 1 dies to cut the bird and leaves in white cardstock.
Distress Oxide inks and a sponge dauber were used to color the pieces.

I cut three panels - one 4.25 x 5.5 inches and two using the second and third largest of the Stitched Rectangle dies (I love these dies - they are SO useful!)  I also cut a strip of patterned paper 4.25 x 1.5 inches from striped designer paper.
I embossed the large panel using a leaf pattern folder that coordinated with the die cut leaves.
I centered the stitched panels on to of each other and adhered them together.  I glued the bird down by placing the glue mainly in the center and leaving the edges unglued.  This allowed me to tuck the leaves under the bird.  I cut apart one of the leaf branches so the I had a little more variety.  The bird was placed high on the panel to leave room for the sentiment.
The sentiment is heat embossed in white and popped up using foam dots.  I started by thinking this would be a birthday card, but it really could be for any occasion.  This little cardinal is so cute and just by changing his colors you can make him into many birds - think robin, canary, sparrow.....

Dies used:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzjollycardinal4x4.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzchristmasfloral1.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedrectanglesetbasics.aspx


Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you have a fun and creative weekend!


4 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Cute card Jeanne- I like the transition from cardinal to bluebird- creative

Sukie said...

Such a sweet card! I love the cardinal and your creative use of it on your card!

Pam MacKay said...

Love the big blue bird so cheery! Cute card!

Janja said...

A very pretty card!