Saturday, September 28, 2019

Believe in the Magic


Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog. 

We have the new release of 25 Christmas dies in the online store and they are all available for shipping It's already the end of September and time to start thinking about Christmas cards. 

This release has something for everyone. So if you prefer a more religious tone to your cards- we have you covered. If you like a more whimsical design featuring Santa, reindeer, snowmen, penguins or penguins, you will find some really cute dies.

I actually do a combo of religious and whimsical for my Christmas cards. Today, for your viewing pleasure, I am going whimsical with the new Believe in the Magic die. So let's get started with some details on how I created my card.

Step 1: I wanted a card that was more on the clean & simple side and one that could easily be mass produced. I also just bought some new Christmas designer papers and was anxious to use them. I selected this pattern because of the snowy background and the softness of the colors. The coordinating colors are white and coastal cabana. 

card base: 5 3/4" x 4 1/2"
white layering panel: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
designer paper layer: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"

Next, I cut the images in real red and shaded spruce cardstocks. For the moon, I used the 5th largest die from the circle set (2") and cut in a metallic silver cardstock. 
Step 2: I am ready to start card assembly. The layers are attached with double sided tape.
And, the die cut images with Ranger multi medium matte. This one dries clear which is why I like to use it. I wanted to create a partial reindeer shadow in the moon so I cut just one reindeer in black cardstock and did a slight offset.  
To finish off my card, I attached the image panels to the card base and added a few sequins for added interest. 

I hope I have given you an idea for a way to use this die and make a quick card for Christmas. That's it for me for today - see you next Saturday! 

dies I used to create card:






4 comments:

Sukie said...

Wonderful card Mary! The Christmas scene is so magical!

Pam MacKay said...

Perfect background for this fun whimsical die! Very cute!

Janja said...

A wonderful Christmas scene.

Jeanne said...

This die set is so wonderful - I love the sentiment with the silhouetted twon underneath. You made a lovely card with them!