Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Scarecrow Card

Hello!  This is Sukie and today I have a fall card to share.  I'm excited for fall which is just around the corner.  It is definitely my favorite time of year and I absolutely love crafting for the holidays!
When I selected the papers for my card, I wasn't sure how well they would work together even though they were in the same paper stack. However, with the coordinating die cuts, everything pulled together perfectly for a cheerful fall theme.
I used the Harvest Scarecrow, Double Stitched Rectangle Set and the Circle Set dies to cut out all of the elements for my card.  I inked the circle with some Fossilized Amber Oxide Ink.  Each of the die cuts were also inked on the edges for added dimension.
I built my card base by layering the rectangle frame at an angle.  The inked circle was placed over the rectangle to break up the pattern.
The scarecrow was centered on my card base and surrounded by the large sunflowers.  All of the details in this die set created the perfect fall scene.
The plump pumpkins were the finishing accents.  I opted not to add a sentiment on my card so as to not distract from all of the details on my card.
Here are the dies used on my card, available in the shop:

4 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Oh my goodness what an spectacular scarecrow!! Love the mix of DP you used fantastic fall creation!

Mary Marsh said...

This is a great Fall card - I have always liked this scarecrow image

Jeanne said...

Beautiful card! I love all the detail!

Janja said...

Really nice card!