Saturday, September 14, 2019

Snowballs 4 Sale (new Christmas die)

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog. 

We have the new release of 25 Christmas dies in the online store and they are currently on a promo special for 25% off. It's already mid-September and time to start thinking about Christmas cards.

This release has something for everyone. So if you prefer a more religious tone to your cards- we have you covered. If you like a more whimsical design featuring Santa, reindeer, snowmen, penguins or penguins, you will find some really cute dies.

I actually do a combo of religious and whimsical for my Christmas cards. Today, for your viewing pleasure, I am going whimsical with the new Snowman w/Snowballs die. So let's get started with some details on how I created my card.

I started off with my layout this week. This sketch caught my eye. She even gives you the sizes for all the panels which is a plus.

For my card base, layering panels and designer paper I chose balmy blue cardstock. The designer paper reminded me of a snowfall.
Card Base: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Designer Paper: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
Other Panels: per sketch-added 1/8" for blue layers


I cut the snowman in red and green. He is a Christmas snowman after all (lol)! I used kraft cardstock on the for sale signs. Did you notice the cute little bluebird?
Decided to use a snow embossing folder for my 2 image panels. It keeps with the snow theme and adds background texture. 
The card elements are done and I am ready to start assembly. I attached the layers with double sided tape. 
My snowman and his for sale signs are attached with dimensional adhesive. I wanted them lifted off the background panels to give some depth. 
To finish off my card, I scattered a few balmy blue sequins. Well that's it for me for this week. I hope I have given you an idea on a way to use this fun new Christmas die.


die I used to create card:


3 comments:

Sukie said...

Very cute card! I love that embossing folder that you used, I will need to pick that one up for my projects! The snowman is adorable!

Pam MacKay said...

Oh I love that die! It is going on my wish list! Super cute card!

Janja said...

Oh, how cute ♥!