Wednesday, September 04, 2019

Congratulations On Your New Home!

Hello! This is Sukie and I'm back for my design team post. The Magical Garden release has inspired me to create a stash of house warming cards.  I used the Stone Fairy Door and the Tree with Tire Swing for my card.
I pulled out my inks and watercolored all of the elements of this card. The die cuts were colored with a fine water brush to enhance all of the details.  I hand cut a couple of steps to create an entrance for the Stone Fairy Door.
A larger water brush was used to create the background with a mix of the 3 colors of ink.  It's best to move quickly with broad brush stokes for this simple background.
I stamped a sweet sentiment on a speech bubble shaped cork sticker. The sentiment is from the Scrappy Moms (retired) Countless Occasions stamp set.
I began building the scene of my card by strategically placing the Stone Fairy Door to the right side of my card base, leaving enough space for the Tree with the Tire Swing.
The sentiment was anchored perfectly above the scene creating a cohesive look between the die cuts and cork sticker.
A bit of Twisted Lime Trendy Twine was tied along the top edge of my card as a finishing accent.
Here are the die sets used on my card, available in the shop:

4 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Perfect card for a new home! Love the combination of dies so cute!!

Mary Marsh said...

Great idea for a new home owner- love your watercolored background- and the cork sentiment is creative

Jeanne said...

So clever to combine these two dies! And such a pretty card, too.

Janja said...

Really nice card!