Sunday, September 01, 2019

Ahoy!

Hi!

It's Anja here. Summer is coming to an end and I want to hold to it a little bit more. I tried to capture a bit of Summer in today's card.


For this card I used:
- Cottage Cutz dies (Compass, Map & Spyglass, Message in a Bottle, Paddles & Rope Ladder, Porthole, Seagull, Crab, Life Preserver, Pierced Wide Circle Frame Set, Circle Set),
- Distress Inks,
- craft card base (125x12,5 cm) and card stock for background (12,2x12,2 cm),
- white card stock for die cuts,
- gold pigment ink,
- black pen,
- embossing folder (wood),
- double sided adhesive tape,
- adhesive foam pads,
- foil (approx. 5x5 cm),
- paper glue,
- scissors.

First I cut all the pieces and colored it with Distress Inks and gold pigment ink. I cut two circle pieces of the porthole.


Next the paddles and the net.


Then the seagull. I used black pen for the eyes.


Next was life preserver.

And then the map and the spyglass.


I cut two bottles, one from foil to add some glass effect to the bottle.


Then I cut, colored and assembled the compass.


I also did the crab.

And two circles for the inside of the card.


Then I switched to the card base and background. I cut paper for the background from craft card stock and cut a hole to the bottom right side. I did a matching hole to the cad base.


I cut background paper to two pieces to get it through my embossing folder. Then I colored it with Distress Inks to get more dimension.


I adhere foil over the hole in the card base. And then I glued the wooden background over it. And after that I adhere all the small pieces to the front and inside of the card.


In the end I made an Ahoy sign and adhere it on the finished card using adhesive foam pads.


And my card was done.



Hope your Summer lasts a bit longer too. See you again next week.

Anja Z.



Cottage Cutz dies I used for this card:










5 comments:

Janja said...

Such a wonderful card, Anja!

Mary Marsh said...

I want to hold onto summer a bit also- and you created a card that totally reflects summer- with all the seashore elements- creative work Anja

Pam MacKay said...

Love your sea themed card great for our last few days of summer!

Sukie said...

Awesome card! I love how you incorporated so many different dies on one card! The scene looks amazing!

Jeanne said...

This is so beautiful and detailed - I LOVE IT!!! This really has a WOW factor.