Friday, May 25, 2018

Thank You Tulips

Happy Friday!  You can never have too many thank you cards and this image makes for a perfect one.
I started with an A2 card base in white and a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch rectangle of patterned paper.  I cut two squares using the third and fourth largest dies from the Stitched Squares set.
I cut the pieces for the flowers using the Bouquet of Tulips die and colors that coordinate with my paper.  I also used a sketch from Splitcoast Stampers.  Even though I did not follow the sketch exactly, it does make laying out a card go faster.
I used sponge daubers and ink the same color as the cardstock to give a little depth to my die cuts.
I assembled all the pieces and glued them to the front of the card.

For the sentiment I cut two strips - 3 3/4 x 3/4 inches and 3 3/4 x 5/8 inches.  I stamped my sentiment on the smaller one and used paper snips to fishtail the end.
Then I stacked  and glued them together and used a colored staple to put them on the front panel which I glued to the card base.
Dies used:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedsquaresetbasics.aspx

Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a fun holiday weekend and do something creative!!!


6 comments:

Anja Ž. said...

Wow, it's beautiful! I love the colors.

Pam MacKay said...

Beautiful vase of flowers love the yellow tulips!

Sukie said...

Very pretty card! The tulips are so beautiful!

Janja said...

A really nice card.

Mary Marsh said...

this is so beautiful Jeanne and great color choices - love this tulip die-makes for such a striking card

Lois said...

I love your pitcher full of beautiful yellow tulips. Nicely done!