Saturday, May 19, 2018

Get Well Bouquet

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog. We are still showcasing the beautiful dies from the Mother's Day release. They are so versatile and can be used for cards other than Mother's Day.

Also, want to let you know that there is a big sale going on at the online store. You can save up to 70% on dies. Lots to choose from so make your way over there to look around. You just might find something that you can add to your collection.

For today's card, I am featuring the Mom's Garden Bouquet die and I created a get well card. I never seem to have any of this type of card on hand when I need one. And, this die has such pretty flowers that it will brighten anyone's day.  So let's get started with some details on how I created my project.

Step 1: I started my card by choosing my layout. This sketch is an older one from Splitcoaststampers. I thought it would work well to show off the floral image, allow me to use  patterned paper and possibly some ribbon.
Step 2: Once the layout was decided on, I chose my card colors. I found this floral patterned paper in my stash and that determined my card colors. 
Vanilla Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Baja Breeze Layer 1: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Patterned Paper Layer 2: 3 7/8" x 2 1/2"
Vanilla Embossed Layer 3: 2 7/8" x 4 1/8"
Artichoke Green Oval Layer 4: 4th largest oval die
Vanilla Oval Layer 5: 4th largest stitched oval die
Step 3: I cut the pieces in the garden bouquet. Used a rose red, saffron (light yellow) and sugarplum cardstocks for my flowers. Used Ranger multi medium matte to secure.
I assembled the bouquet in the pitcher according to the packaging photo.
Then attached it to the oval using dimensional adhesive.
Step 4: Now that all the elements of my card are cut, I am ready to start card assembly.
 Attached the panels using double sided tape.
I decided to go with ribbon and used this baja breeze pleated ribbon.
Attached the oval panel using dimensional adhesive on the top and bottom of the oval. This way it will sit evenly on the ribbon.
For my sentiment, I decided to use the "feel better" phrase from the "Ouch with Tooth" die. I cut it in rose red cardstock 2x to give it a bit more dimension. Used the multi medium matte to attach to bottom of card. To complete I cut a few of the flower centers and added to the top of my card. 
 
And, that's it for me for this post. I hope I have given you some additional ideas on ways to use these dies for other card giving occasions. See you next Saturday.
 
dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzmomsgardenbouquet.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzouchwithtooth.aspx
 
  
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzovalsetbasics.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedovalsetbasics.aspx
 

4 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

So pretty this beautiful card would make anyone feel better!

Janja said...

A really nice card. I like it!

Jeanne said...

Pretty card Mary - sure to brighten someone's day!

Anja Ž. said...

Very beautiful card. It really makes you feel better with this beautiful flowers.