Saturday, May 12, 2018

Mom - enjoy your day!

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Wednesday edition of the Blog. Before I get started with my card for today, I wanted to wish all you Mom's out there a very happy Mother's Day.

Also, want to let you know that there is a big sale going on at the online store. You can save up to 70% on dies. Lots to choose from so make your way over there to look around. You just might find something that you can add to your collection.

For today's card, I am featuring the Stitched Birdhouse and Mom w/Heart dies. I needed one last Mother's Day card and this one will be hand delivered. So let's get started with some details on how I created my project.

Step 1: I started my card by choosing my layout. I saw this one on Splitcoaststampers on Wednesday and knew it would work well for my card idea. I love using tilted panels on a card. I think it's such a fun idea.
In case you missed it, Jeanne used this same sketch on her card yesterday. Check it out here.  Just by changing the paper and dies on a layout, you can get a  different look but still tell that the same sketch was used.
Step 2:  Once the layout was decided on, I chose my card colors. I found this patterned paper in my stash that had a lot of colors that I like. I thought all the other elements on the die could be cut in the corresponding cardstocks and give me a feminine looking card.
For the card base I used navy and the angled panes olive and white.
The birdhouse is cut with a navy patterned paper and a melon mambo roof. The bird in hello honey cardstock, flower pot in melon mambo and the trim in mint macaron. The pole is in soft suede and the bow in mint macaron. The Mom phrase is in navy.
Step 3: Before I started card assembly, I wanted to stamp an additional sentiment. Sometimes along with the die cut sentiment, I like to add a stamped sentiment to complement the die cut phrase. I don't always have one that will work but this one was a good fit.
It's a 1-line stamp and  there really wasn't room for it on one line. So I pulled out my MISTI and masked the stamp to work it onto 2 lines.
 
Step 4: Time for card assembly. For the #4 layer of the sketch I used melon mambo ribbon.  And for the #5 element I used the bow that is part of the birdhouse. I moved this element to the left side so it would be part of the birdhouse. You can always tweek the sketch to fit your card. As long as it basically looks like the sketch given you are good. 
To complete this card, I added my Mom phrase and some melon mambo enamel dots. My last Mother's Day card completed - right under the wire (lol)!! Never seems to be enough hours in the day to get everything I want to do accomplished.
Well,  I hope I have provided some inspiration for a way to use this Birdhouse die. Even with the sentiment I used, this could easily be a birthday card for Mom.
 
That's it for me for this post. I will see you again next Saturday.
 
dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedbirdhouse.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzmomwheart.aspx
 


4 comments:

Anja Ž. said...

Beautiful! I love the color combination.

Lois said...

That is a really nice layout to show off the birdhouse! Love the birdie sitting on top!

Pam MacKay said...

Love the pattern paper it is perfect for that sweet birdhouse!

Jeanne said...

Cute card Mary! The sketch this week really works well with this image. And I love the paper you chose.