Monday, May 07, 2018

Rose Heart Birthday

Hi, Lois here today still playing with the new Mother's Day release from CottageCutz.  Today's card features a pretty "flower" die -- the Rose Heart.  Be sure to check the CottageCutz website.  They're still celebrating National Scrapbook Day, which was Saturday.  You can save up to 50% on CottageCutz designs.


To start my card, I gathered my cardstock:

Pink - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
White - 4" x 5 1/4"
Scraps of green, pale pink and dark pink (big enough to fit the dies)


I then cut out the leaves and heart from the green and pale pink scraps.  Before I cut the heart, I used a sponge dauber and sponged on some Ranger Spun Sugar ink to the center of the pink piece.  This gave the center of my "rose" some depth.



I glued down the leaves to the white panel and the rose to the dark pink scrap and then cut out the two-level rose with scissors.


I attached some foam pop dots to the back of the rose and placed it within the leaves, adding the extra single leaves to the branch.  After stamping the birthday sentiment in the upper right-hand corner, I scattered some small sequins around the card.  And I was finished!


CottageCutz dies used on my card are:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzroseheart.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzleafyfoliage4x6pre-order.aspx


6 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

so pretty Lois - love this heart image and how you are using it for a birthday card- another versatile die in this new collection

Pam MacKay said...

So creative love the big heart bloom!

Sukie said...

Very pretty card! I love the rose heart, it is simply gorgeous! The additional dimension looks fabulous!

Jeanne said...

This is beautiful. Love how you used the leaves and colored the rose heart.

Janja said...

I like this nice card, Lois.

Anja Ž. said...

This is beautiful. Great use of the heart.