Friday, May 04, 2018

Floral Mother's Day

Hi Cottage Cutz fans!  It's Friday and Jeanne here with another Mother's Day card made from some of the beautiful new release that is available now.  And the new release is 25% off for a limited time!
You'll want to stock up for sure!
This card features the Happy Mother's Day Phrase and flowers from the Hat Box with Flowers dies.
I started with an A2 card in Blushing Bride, then added a 5 3/8 x 4 1/8 inch panel of Always Artichoke and a 5 1/4 x 4 inch panel of patterned paper.  I stacked and glued these together.
For the medallion I used the second largest Scalloped Circle in Blushing Bride and the third largest Double Stitched Circle in white.  I used a self adhesive sheet on the back of Always Artichoke cardstock and cut the sentiment.  I often use these sheets if the sentiment is particularly fine.  For this card I carefully cut away the heart from the sentiment.
Next I cut the flowers and foliage.  I ran the So Saffron twice so that I could have a few extra yellow flowers.
Using a sponge dauber and Blushing Bride ink I carefully tipped the edges and centers of all the flowers.
I assembled them on the medallion and glued that and the sentiment to the front of the card.
For my final step I added Wink of Stella and some glitter dots.  This card called for a little sparkle!

Dies used:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzhatboxwflowers.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzhappymothersdayphrase.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzdouble-stitchedcirclesetbasics.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutznestedscallopcircleset.aspx

 Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a creative weekend!


4 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Beautiful bouquet of flowers perfect card for Mother's Day

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a pretty Mother's Day card Jeanne - love how you framed the flowers with the circle dies- draws your eye right in- love these new dies

Janja said...

Very beautiful Mother's Day card.

Anja Ž. said...

This colors are so beutiful. And your card is so nice.