Sunday, May 27, 2018

Card with Foxes

Hi!

This is Anja. Hope you had a good week. Mine was busy at work and it'll be like this till end June. This year Summer vacation will be well deserved. But I wasn't just working, I managed to take some time to craft. I had to color this cute Fox die. I decided to make a card I could give to one of my friends, that always support me.

 

For this card I used:

- Cottage Cutz dies (Mama Fox & Baby, Mom's Garden Bouquet, Oval Set),
- Distress Reinkers (Peeled Paint, Faded Jeans, Twisted Citron),
- Zig markers (color numbers: 010, 050, 061, 091, 099),
- card base (13x10,5 cm),
- smooth watercolor paper for background (12,5x10 cm) and die cuts
- sentiment stamp,
- Versafine Black Onyx ink pad,
- adhesive foam pads,
- watercolor brush,
- brushes,
- color pallet,
- heat gun,
- glass surface,
- washi tape,
- paper glue.

First I made the background. I cut the paper and glued it on the surface with washi tape. I put quite a bit of water on the surface and then slowly some color on top with the brush. I used the pallet and the reinkers. When I was satisfied with the color, I dried it with the heat gun.


I did the same withe the green color. When I had the surface dried, I spritzed a few water drops on top and let it dry.


When the background was dry I cut the edges off.


The I cut out a second largest oval.


I used the largest oval die to cut from white paper.


When I had the ovals cut, I glued it together. I also glued what was left of the colored background to the card base. I adhered the ovals on top of that. Then I die cut and colored the foxes. I used Zig markers.


Then I cut the flowers. I used reinkers for the green parts.


When I had everything colored, I just needed the sentiment. I stamped it on the white strip of paper and glued it on the card with adhesive foam pads.


And this is my finished card.



Before I go, I just want to remind you there is a Memorial Day Sale going on at the Online Store. Savings of up to 50% on dies. Also, the new "Just for Guys" release is in the store. That is currently 25% off.

I wish you a great Sunday.

Anja Z.


Cottage Cutz dies I used:





5 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This is such a cute card for a friend who is a big support- creative idea- love the background

Maraline said...

ÄŒudovita<3.

Pam MacKay said...

Adorable love the watercoloring in the background!

Jeanne said...

So cute - what a great card for a good friend!

Janja said...

So adorable! And so well done!