Monday, May 21, 2018

Blue Vase/Pink Flowers

Hi, Lois here for my Monday post.  Before I start, I wanted to remind you that CottageCutz has many of their dies currently on sale for up to 70% off.  Be sure to check them out in The Scrapping Cottage store

It seems that it has been raining the entire month of May.  Of course, that helps the garden flourish -- rain is so good for the flowers.  I'm not much of a gardener, so most of my flowers are on my cards.  Today's card is no exception.  Once again, I started with a layout from one of the Splitcoaststampers sketch challenges.


This layout lent itself to some coordinating patterned paper, as you can see on my card.  It was a pad of two-sided Stamps of Life designer paper I recently bought at a local stamp show.


To start my card, I cut the pieces for the vase and flowers, using two CottageCutz dies -- Vase Collection and Botanical Garden 2.


Using several Copic markers I colored the die-cut pieces . . .


. . . and constructed my vase of flowers.


I then cut my cardstock and patterned paper as follows:

Gray  - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
Black - 3 3/4" x 5", 2 1/4" x 4 1/4", and 3" x 2 1/2"
Patterned paper - 3 1/2" x 4 3/4" and 2" x 4"
White - 2 3/4" x 2 1/4"

Using the sketch challenge layout, I constructed my card.


I then added my vase and flowers.



At this point I decided I wanted some kind of a sentiment on my card, so I stamped a small sentiment on a scrap of white cardstock, using navy blue ink.  I punched it out with a 1 1/4" circle punch and then punched a black 1 3/8" circle on which to mount it.



I added the sentiment using some foam pop dots and my card was complete.



CottageCutz dies used on this card are:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzvasecollection.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzbotanicalgarden2.aspx


5 comments:

Janja said...

Such a pretty card Lois.

Pam MacKay said...

Love the colors of the vase and flowers so pretty!

Mary Marsh said...

These new floral dies and the vases make for such pretty cards- this layout is a good one to show them off plus allow your patterned paper to be seen

Jeanne said...

Very pretty card - and I agree with Mary. This layout is perfect to show off both the dies and paper!

Anja Ž. said...

This is so nice. I ove the layout.