Sunday, May 13, 2018

Happy Mother's Day

Hi!

It's Anja with you on this Sunday. It's Mother's Day today and I made another Mother's day card for this occasion. I used beautiful new dies from Mother's day release. The orchid die is so great and it offers so many different possibilities to decorate your cards.


For this card I used:

- Cottage Cutz dies (Happy Mother's Day Phrase, Orchids),
- Zig Markers (Numbers: 043, 046, 050, 051, 060, 062, 065, 260),
- craft card base (10,5x15 cm),
- white watercolor paper for background (10x14,5 cm),
- watercolor paper for die cuts,
- Gansai Tambi watercolors (Numbers: 90, 36),
- rose gold embossing powder,
- Versamark embossing ink,
- heat gun,
- scissors,
- paper glue,
- foam surface for embossing,
- embossing tools,
- water spritzer,
- watercolor brush,
- brush.

First I die cut the sentiment and tapped it in embossing ink.


I used rose gold embossing powder and heated it with the heat gun.



Then I die cut the orchids. I use Bristol paper when I color with watercolor markers.


Before I glued the orchid together I used embossing tools to add a little dimension to the flower.

Then I started with the background. I cut 10x14,5 cm watercolor paper. I used Gansai Tambi colors and put it n my glass surface, using a brush. I stretched the color withe the water spritzer.



I tapper the paper on the surface. I did it repeatedly. When I was satisfied with the pattern, I dry heated it. 


I did the same with the other, gold color. Here I also made a bunch of color drops at the end. I again dried it with the heat gun.


When the paper was dry, I used the scissors for the edges.


I did the same with the front of the card base.


When I had everything prepared, I glued the cad together. And this is the result.




Have a nice Sunday, celebrating with your moms. I'll see you again in a week.


Take care,
Anja Z.


Cottage Cutz dies I used:




3 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Gorgeous orchid! Love your card!

Lois said...

What a pretty card! I love how you added the orchids to the sentiment.

Jeanne said...

Gorgeous card Anja! So much attention to detail. I particularly like how you embossed the sentiment for a really neat effect!