Saturday, March 25, 2017

Woodland Animals Masculine Birthday Card


Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

There was a release of a really cute Woodland Animals stamp and die combo back in January. Maybe you missed it or maybe you were thinking you're not into woods or woodland themes. But, how about thinking out of the box with this stamp and matching die set.

I needed a masculine birthday card that would have a “from all of us” sentiment. So I decided to create a birthday card using these cute animals. Let's get started with some details on how I created my card.

Turquoise card base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
patterned paper layer: 3 5/8" x 4 5/8"
Curry Rectangle Frame: largest in set
Step 1: Stamped the deer, raccoon and fox in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on a 120# weight white cardstock. I colored them using Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol which is an odorless mineral spirits. Since these are wax based pencils the Gamsol helps to move the color around. The heavier weight paper seems to work better for me when I use these colored pencils.

Pencil colors I used:
Deer: 1094 Sandbar brown and 948 Sepia
Fox: 1032 Pumpkin Orange, 943 Burnt Ochre and 948 Sepia
Raccoon:  French Gray 70%, French Gray 90%, 928 Blush Pink and Black

Step 2:  Looked through my cardstock and patterned papers for my color scheme. I found this festive paper that I thought would work great as a background layer for my woodland animals. The patterned paper determined my card base (turquoise), the wide rectangle layer (curry),  as well as the flag (cucumber) that I used for my sentiment.

Step 3:  I wanted my birthday sentiment stamped right on the patterned paper. So I pulled out my MISTI to get it placed where I wanted. To make the sentiment stand out against the patterned paper,  I embossed it using Versamark and Tuxedo Black ink plus clear embossing powder. I also stamped the "from all of us" sentiment on the cucumber flag panel. I didn't take a photo of this.

Step 4: Everything is prepped and ready for card assembly. I used dimensional adhesive on the pierced wide rectangle frame and on the animal images. I placed the animals on one of the scalloped banners on the patterned paper.

I hope I have inspired you to take another look at the Woodland Animals stamp & die combo.  that's it for me for this post. See you next Saturday.
Stamps & Dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzwoodlandanimalsstampanddie.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzpiercedwiderectangleframesetbasics.aspx
 
 











8 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Adorable love the little creatures so cute! Darling card for any guy!

SugarShine Designs said...

I think the woodland die and stamp set is very cute and this is just one way to use it to create a clever masculine card. I have to say, I think it would work well for anyone - male or female. Great choice of papers and dies!

Sukie said...

Absolutely adorable! I love all of the sweet animals! Those banners on the background are so gorgeous too!

Bev - Guneaux Designs said...

Awe, Mary, your card is so darling with the little animals. I love it!!

Anita Kejriwal said...

Cute card

Anja Ž. said...

I like your idea for a masculine card. Nice coloring too.

Janja said...

Very pretty card.

Lois said...

How cute is this!