Thursday, March 16, 2017

Night in the Woods!

Hello Scrapping Cottage fans!
My name is Pam MacKay and this is my first time posting as a new design team member. I am just thrilled and honored to have been selected and I can't wait to share with you. The dies and stamps from The Scrapping Cottage are just incredible!

For my first project I decided to make a card for a friend who loves camping and the beauty of nature. She is in need of some cheer and a little time to relax. So when I saw this adorable little cabin I knew it would make a perfect card for her.

Design steps to make this card:
Cut an A2 size kraft card stock base
Cut a 5.25 x 4 inch piece of gray card stock
Cut a 5 x 4.75 inch piece of designer paper and glue to gray card stock then to the card base

Use the 4.25 x 3.25 Double-Stitched Rectange Die and cut the kraft card stock to make the base for your woodland scene
Using the Woodland Cabin (4 x 6) die begin cutting all the piece to create your scene
    I cut all the pieces and then began the assembling. After I got the assembling finished I inked the edges of each piece to give them a little depth and dimension
    I started making my scene by glueing down the background pieces first and all of the layers of grass.
    After the background was complete I popped up the cabin with dimensional tape
    I added more trees to the sides of the cabin by just cutting apart some of the trees from the background and it worked great!


    http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedrectanglesetbasics.aspx


    I just absolutely love how this little cabin in the woods turned out!  I hope you will give it a try!!

    Take Care and be sure to leave us a comment!
    Pam


    9 comments:

    SugarShine Designs said...

    Great card scene Pam! The cabin looks so warm and inviting. I'd like to make it real and walk in and stay a while! This die set offers so much in one package. Thanks for sharing it with us. Janet

    Bev - Guneaux Designs said...

    Fantastic card featuring the CottageCutz Woodland Cabin die! The scene you created is gorgeous and the designer paper is perfect for the appearance of a starry night. I agree with Janet that one can imagine stepping inside and relaxing for a weekend! Love the card, Pam! Great artwork!

    Lois said...

    What a wonderful framed forest scene! I love the way you used the same DP for the background as you used for the sky. It ties it all together. TFS!

    Janja said...

    This is just wonderful.

    Anja Ž. said...

    This is great. I like your layout.

    Mary Marsh said...

    this is a perfect card for a friend who needs- both encouragement and loves the woods - you have created a beautiful nighttime scene-love this cabin die as well-welcome to the team Pam

    Sukie said...

    Fabulous card! I love the awesome scene you created against the night sky background, very pretty!

    Tam said...

    great card!
    congrats on being chosen!

    Petras Bastelschätze said...

    Fantastic design with the house and trees. I like the wood scene and the fantastic CottageCutz die