Monday, March 20, 2017

Framed Hummingbird

Lois here with a very simple card for you today.  I just got a few new-to-me CottageCutz dies and was anxious to play with them.   I was intrigued by the Pierced Wide Frames and wanted to give them a try -- today I used the Ovals -- along with a sweet Hummingbird die.


Supplies used on this card are:

Heavyweight white cardstock 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", folded in half, and a piece 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" to cut the frame
Colored cardstock - Blue, Green, Pale Plum, Yellow, Pale Blue
Patterned paper - Shades of Plum
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black; Ranger Distress Tumbled Glass, Mowed Lawn, Victorian Violet
Copic marker
Black ink pen
Liquid glue
Roll of foam adhesive tape
Sponge daubers

To start my card I cut out the various pieces of cardstock for the hummingbird and frame.


I then added some depth to the pieces by sponging on some ink to the bird and flower pieces and added a bit of color to the bird's beak with a dark yellow marker.  Using the black ink pen I emphasized the eye of the hummingbird (not shown in photo).


I cut a strip of foam adhesive tape, cut it into narrower strips, and adhered it in pieces to the back of the oval frame.


To make the background for my "picture," I cut an oval from the pale blue cardstock.  You could use any oval die which would fit -- I used the double-stitched oval because it was close at hand.  The stitches were not going to show, so it didn't really matter.


I then constructed my card using the die-cut pieces and stamped the sentiment.   Here it is again.


CottageCutz dies used on this card are:







7 comments:

SugarShine Designs said...

Pretty framing, color choices and coloring! I like the effect of having inset and exterior pieces instead of just putting foam tape on some pieces. The wide frame works beautifully for it. Great job! -Janet

Pam MacKay said...

I love your little humming bird it is so sweet! The card design is so beautiful too!!

Anita Kejriwal said...

Pretty card . Your projects are really explained so well .

Janja said...

Such a beautiful card, Lois.

Mary Marsh said...

this is a beautiful thank you card Lois-love your choice of colors and dp - the hummingbird die and flowers are so detailed-it will be a couple more months before they are back here in PA and at our feeders and flowers - we had snow again over the weekend

karen said...

Your hummingbird is adorable.
Karen

Beverly - Guneaux Designs said...

Lois, your card is gorgeous!! Your design is great, and I love that hummer and flowers! You used one of my favorite CottageCutz dies! Great card, Lois!